HOREHOUND TEA (Herba Marubi)
- A Soothing Brew
- Horehound is used to make hard lozenge candies that are considered by folk medicine to aid digestion, soothe sore throats, and relieve inflammation.
- It is used for digestion problems including loss of appetite, indigestion, bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation.
- It overcomes liver and gallbladder complaints.
- It is also used for lung and breathing problems including cough, whooping cough, asthma, tuberculosis, bronchitis, and swollen breathing passages.
- It helps decrease blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- It inhibited colon cancer in a tissue culture study of human colorectal cancer cells published in the January 2006 issue of "Oncology Reports." Horehound extract promoted early cell death and inhibited inflammation, which can damage cells and promote cancer development. Researchers concluded that these results support the traditional use of horehound as an anti-inflammatory agent and indicate additional potential anti-cancer benefits. A study published in the January 2010 "Planta Medica" found that white horehound contains a compound that might help in the treatment and prevention of leukemia.
Active Ingredients: Horehound Tea Extract
Product Form: Powder
Product Packaging: 30g /bottle
Direction for drink:
1. Add 1 teaspoon of Horehound tea into 1 cup of hot water.
2. Leave for 10 to 15 mins.
3. Sieve and drink in divided doses 2 to 3 times daily.